Don’t use an accounting system that integrates with CollBox?
If you don't use one of the accounting systems we integrate with, or you just don't feel like connecting your books, you can still use CollBox to collect on past-due accounts by importing them through our form importer.
Below, we'll walk you through the entire process from start to finish. But first, a quick summary of the steps:
- After logging in to CollBox, head over to "Settings" > "Integrations" and click on the "Import Manual Data" button
- On the next screen, you'll be given the option to import via Form or Spreadsheet Import. Select "Open Form"
- You'll be taken directly to the Form and prompted to answer whether the debtor is an individual or company
- After selecting the Debtor Type, hit 'Next Page' and you'll be taken to the next page where you'll fill out the debtor's contact information (Name, Phone Number, and Address are all required)
- Hit 'Next Page' again and you'll be taken to the Invoice(s) page. You can fill out up to 5 invoices for one debtor at a time (all Invoice information is required)
- Once you're done filling out invoice information, hit 'Submit' and you'll be taken back to your CollBox Dashboard where you'll see your newly imported data
- From there, head to the "Past Due" section to review and submit the account for collections
- After submitting the account, we'll briefly hold them so you can provide supporting documentation (invoices, contracts, etc.) for reach account using the "Attach File" button on the placement summary screen
- Note: We won't release the placement of debt until you've provided at least one of the above items for each invoice on each account you've submitted
- Once you've uploaded the required documentation, we'll automatically release the placement(s) of debt and one of the agencies in our network will get to work right away!
For a more detailed walkthrough of the process, check out the steps below with screenshots and additional instructions.
First, head over to the "Settings" section of the app and click on "Integrations" then click the “Import Manual Data” button.
On the next screen, you'll be given the option to import your data via Form or Spreadsheet Import.
Click 'Open Form' and you'll be directed to the webpage where you'll be prompted to answer whether the debtor is a Company or an Individual.
Company - B2B/owed by a business
Individual - B2C/owed by an individual
Once you've selected your Debtor Type, hit 'Next Page', taking you to the "Debtor Information" page. Fill out the debtor's contact information then hit 'Next Page'.
Tip: Name, Phone Number, and Address are all required
On this page, fill out the debtor's invoice(s) information (up to five invoices per form submission).
Note: Each form submitted loads a single debtor with a maximum of five invoices
Tip: All fields on this page are required
You'll now be able to head back to the "Past Due" section in CollBox to review each account, confirm a few details, and submit them for collections. For help on submitting a placement, refer to our guide on creating a new placement of past-due invoices.
Note: One minor difference when submitting accounts that have been manually imported is that, before you're able to click Submit for Collections, you must attach the relevant invoices and contracts to the placement.
Once you've submitted the account to collections, we'll briefly review the documents for accuracy then release the placement(s) of debt, notifying you by e-mail, and one of the agencies in our network will get to work right away.
From there just sit back, relax, and rest assured that we're on the job to get you paid for your hard work! 🎉💸