A guide for Assist subscribers that don’t use an accounting system we integrate with
For our customers that don’t use one of the accounting platforms that we currently integrate with, we’ve put together this guide that will lay out best practices for getting the most out of our Assist subscription. For more information on Assist and what’s included, you can check out our knowledge base article right here.
Below, you’ll see a step-by-step workflow on how to regularly load data to Assist, keep it up to date, and ensure that you’re taking full advantage of the help our A/R Specialists provide to get you paid for your hard work!
Please note that, without an actively integrated accounting system that we can pull data from, you must provide us regular updates from your accounting or billing system so that the A/R Specialist working on your accounts are accurate in how they communicate with your customers.
Fortunately, we make that really easy to do, so check out the guide below on doing just that!
Manual Data Loading Workflow
On the 1st day of your Assist billing cycle, log in to CollBox and upload all of your current Accounts Receivable (including accounts you may have already submitted to Assist or Collect). We’ll walk you through the process of grabbing all of your A/R from your existing accounting or billing system in the next step.
A Few Notes:
- Why all of your A/R? Put simply, it’s a lot easier for most customers to export a snapshot of all of their Accounts Receivable at once, rather than editing a spreadsheet template to remove what they don’t want to send to CollBox. Don’t worry though – even if you upload it, it doesn’t mean you have to ultimately submit it to one of CollBox’s services.
- You can find your Assist billing date right from the default CollBox dashboard, on the right-hand side of the screen (you’ll see a little box that says “[#] Assist credits remaining – credits refresh on mm/dd/yy".
To get this information, head into whatever accounting or billing system you’re using and look for a report with a title similar to one of the following names:
- Past-due Report
- Accounts Receivable (A/R) Aging Report
- Open Invoices
Tip: If you can’t find it, you may want to reach out to that vendor and ask how you can find a report with all of your current accounts receivable.
Export that report from your accounting or billing system in a .CSV format (if .CSV isn’t possible, you can export it into an Excel format as well).
Next, download the CollBox spreadsheet import template and follow our Knowledge Base article on how to load manual data, taking care to copy data from the export you got from your accounting or billing system and paste it into the correct column in the CollBox spreadsheet import template.
Note: Our Support team is always happy to help you with this process. If you need a few tips on this, feel free to e-mail email@example.com and a member of our team will get you taken care of!
Once you’ve completed the CollBox spreadsheet import template, it’s time to upload it so we can get that loaded to your CollBox account. To do that, head over to the Spreadsheet Importer page and follow the instructions (this is also the same page you can grab the spreadsheet template anytime you need a fresh copy).
Tips on Importing:
- If you’ve loaded data before, you’ll see a handy “Import Manual Data” button on your CollBox home screen.
- You can also head over to “Settings > Integrations > Add integration > Import Manual Data” to get to the same page.
- Please note: Unless you only have no more than 5 invoices per customer, we recommend using the “Spreadsheet Import” tool on that screen and not the “Form” tool.
Once uploaded, a member of our team will review the import, make any quick fixes that might be needed, and either get it loaded to your CollBox account right away or ping you if there are any issues we need your help with.
Note: You’ll get an e-mail when this is complete so you know that your data has successfully been imported. If you don’t receive one by end of business the same day or first thing the next business day, you can always reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that everything is on track.
Once the data is loaded to your CollBox account, you'll see all of your data on the CollBox dashboard in your 'Past-Due' section. From there, you're ready to submit accounts to Assist and get paid for your work!
Again, please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you get stuck. Our support team would be happy to help, so feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com and we’ll make sure to get you on track.